Everyone is welcome…
At Topsail Adventures we believe that anyone and everyone should be able to enjoy the experience of sailing aboard a traditional boat and are committed to do our best to ensure a happy, safe and comfortable environment aboard the Amelie Rose for all our guests to enjoy, regardless of their race, age, sexuality, religion, disabilities or gender identity and expression.
To ensure that this is the case we have taken the following actions:
- Included a section on respect for fellow crew members in the terms and conditions of booking, making it clear that disrespect or discrimination will not be tolerated aboard.
- Added a commitment to treating fellow crew-members with respect to the Primary and Additional Crew booking forms.
- Created a briefing document which is circulated to all Topsail Adventures Skippers and Mates detailing our inclusivity policy and detailing the standards of behaviour that we expect from them and from the guest crews.
- Added a section to the joining instructions detailing our policy and outlining what actions guest crew can take should they feel discriminated against or disrespected by anyone else aboard.
- Added an optional gender marker (including a “Non-binary” option) and preferred pronouns to the booking forms – information to be shared ONLY with Topsail Adventures staff.
- Included a section on our standard crew / guest crew briefing regarding standards of behaviour, including introducing Topsail Adventures crew with reference to our preferred pronouns and outlining what actions guest crew can take should they feel discriminated against or disrespected by anyone else aboard.
If you have any questions about our inclusivity policy or would like to talk to us about other things that we can do to make Amelie Rose a more welcoming environment for anyone and everyone please contact us.
We hope to welcome you aboard soon,
The Topsail Team xx
Site design by Topsail Adventures Ltd. © 2021 Topsail Adventures Ltd.