Get your Competent Crew, Day Skipper or Coastal Skipper aboard the Amelie Rose and enjoy 6 days aboard the most beautiful school boat in the Solent.
Get your RYA Competent Crew, Day Skipper or Coastal Skipper qualification aboard Amelie Rose and enjoy the best of both worlds, an internationally recognised qualification and 6 days aboard the most beautiful school boat in the Solent.
Just because our boat is traditional doesn’t mean that our training is old fashioned however. Skipper Nick is a an RYA Yachtmaster Instructor/Examiner and our RYA courses are delivered in association with our RYA Training Centre Partner BOSS to ensure that we maintain the very highest standards.
Whether you’re thinking about buying a gaffer, want foundation skills to use aboard the Tallships, are a modern yacht skipper looking to add traditional skills to your CV or are just plain interested in how a rig from the 1850s works then a course on the Amelie Rose could be perfect for you.
For more details on the RYA Syllabus check out their comprehendive website (www.rya.org.uk). In brief here are the courses that we offer:
RYA Competent Crew
- The best starting point for anyone taking up yacht cruising and for dinghy sailors looking to step up to bigger boats.
- Completed aboard Amelie Rose it is great groundwork for anyone who wants to spend time cruising aboard a traditional vessel.
RYA Day Skipper
- Perfect preparation for anyone looking to Skipper a boat for the first time.
- Taken on Amelie Rose this course provides a foundation for anyone seeking a crewing position on a traditional vessel or looking to buy and sail their own traditionally rigged boat.
RYA Coastal Skipper
- Bridging the gap between Day Skipper and Yachtmaster the aim of the course is to teach the skills necessary to skipper longer coastal passages both by day and by night.
- Ideal for anyone seeking to improve their skills, take on longer voyages or move towards taking their Yachtmaster.
Sound like your kind of adventure? Simply select your favourite course from the list below to get more information and then send us a booking enquiry.
What people say…
Site design by Topsail Adventures Ltd. © 2019 Topsail Adventures Ltd.