Amelie Rose is based in beautiful Poole Harbour, the second largest natural harbour in the world, and home to amoungst other things the Red Squirrel, the SBS, Boy Scouts and the RNLI.
We've got maps and details on how to find our base so that you can find us if you're coming to visit.
If you just want to know exactly where we are right now then you can check out Amelie Rose's Google Latitude map (updated at least daily when she's on the move) and also her Twitter feed to catch up what's going on.
While at Home:
Amelie Rose is based at Lake Yard. Full address: Lake Yard, Lake Drive, Hamworthy, Poole BH15 4DT.
A regular main line service runs from London Waterloo to Poole Harbour
with a journey time of approximately 2 hours.
- Poole Station is about 2.5
miles from the marina (see http://tinyurl.com/mlwvfw
for a map) and takes about 10 minutes by taxi or is a 45 minute walk.
- Alternatively, Hamworthy Rail
Station is about 1.6 miles away which is about a 30 minute walk (http://tinyurl.com/m75p6o).
note that trains are more frequent to Poole Station, and Taxi's are
more readily available from there.
- For details of train services see www.thetrainline.com.
By Road from the M3/M27/A31:
If you are using an in-car GPS to get to us, the post code for Lake Yard Marina is BH15 4DT.
London take the M3 southbound towards Southampton. When it joins the
M27 follow the signs towards Bournemouth until the motorway becomes the
- After Ringwood keep to the outer 2 lanes (of 4),
continuing along the A31 towards Poole. Stay on the A31, now following
signs for Dorchester, until you reach the junction with the A350.
the first exit from the roundabout, sign posted for Poole/Upton. Follow
this road for about 2 miles - through 1 set of traffic lights and
the next roundabout, signposted for Hamworthy.
- Drive straight across the double mini roundabout (bearing slightly to the right), then under a railway bridge.
- Opposite the Red Lion pub, turn right into Lake Road. Follow the road under a narrow railway bridge.
- After the Yachtsman pub, turn right into Lake Avenue which becomes Lake Drive, then left into Lake Yard.
- These directions, with associated map can be viewed here: http://tinyurl.com/lh3ypm
The closest local airports are Bournemouth International Airport
(http://www.flybournemouth.com/) and Southampton Airport
Keep up with the goings on aboard Amelie Rose by following her on Twitter:
Track Amelie Rose while she's away from home by checking out her Google Latitude Position Map: